- RSS Channel Showcase 7952154
- RSS Channel Showcase 2892904
- RSS Channel Showcase 6679384
- RSS Channel Showcase 4206639
Articles on this Page
- 03/25/17--13:43: _GameStop Closing 15...
- 04/17/17--08:11: _Rue21 Closing 400 S...
- 05/03/17--08:06: _Gander Mountain Clo...
- 06/01/17--06:02: _Payless ShoeSource ...
- 06/01/17--07:00: _Michael Kors Closin...
- 06/07/17--09:37: _Westland Mall Heade...
- 06/07/17--09:54: _Eastland Mall Will ...
- 06/12/17--11:57: _Store Closures Anno...
- 07/13/17--05:55: _Gymboree Closing 35...
- 09/20/17--09:03: _Retailpocolypse: To...
- 03/25/17--13:43: GameStop Closing 150 Retail Stores in 2017
- 04/17/17--08:11: Rue21 Closing 400 Stores Across US, Several in Central Ohio
- 05/03/17--08:06: Gander Mountain Closing Retail Stores Amid Bankruptcy Buyout
- 06/01/17--07:00: Michael Kors Closing 125 Stores Across US
- 06/07/17--09:37: Westland Mall Headed to 100% Vacancy with Closure of Sears
- 06/07/17--09:54: Eastland Mall Will Have No Anchors Following Sears Closure
- 06/12/17--11:57: Store Closures Announced for Ann Taylor, Dress Barn and Lane Bryant
- 07/13/17--05:55: Gymboree Closing 350 Stores, Three in Central Ohio
- 09/20/17--09:03: Retailpocolypse: Toys “R” Us Files for Bankruptcy
The latest retailer to announce closures this year is video game outlet GameStop, which reported a double-digit decline in sales last quarter, and has seen their stock fall by over 30 percent in the past year. This year, the company will focus on its other retail brands, moving away from its traditional stores. “The Company […]
Teen retailer Rue21 is the latest chain to downsize its brick-and-mortar footprint, an ongoing trend thus far in 2017. The company announced over the weekend that it would be closing 400 of its stores, slimming down to a total of 700 locations. “It’s true – we are closing some stores,” states a message posted on […]
The latest national retailer to implode in 2017 is Minnesota-based sporting goods store Gander Mountain. The company filed for bankruptcy in March, and announced plans to close 32 stores this year (none of those closures are in Ohio), but earlier this week it was revealed that many more are likely on the chopping block. Competitor Camping World announced on […]
After filing for bankruptcy back in April and announcing 400 store closures, Payless ShoeSource made news again yesterday by announcing another 408 stores that will close. The combined total represents a reduction of the company’s retail footprint by approximately 20 percent, bringing their 4,000 international store total down to 3,200 for now. The combined closure list […]
Luxury retailer Michael Kors is the latest to announce store closures in 2017 as what industry trend-watchers are referring to as “Retailpocolypse,” continues. The brand released its latest fiscal report yesterday, which included mention of plans to shutter somewhere between 100 and 125 of its underperforming stores over the next two years. “Fiscal 2017 was a […]
The long-neglected Westland Mall will officially be empty this fall as the final tenant shutters its doors. Sears announced its latest round of 72 store closures yesterday, which includes its Westland Mall and Eastland Mall locations. The Westland Mall property has been discussed many times as a possible site for a catalytic development project that could […]
With a one-two punch, Eastland Mall has lost all of its remaining anchor stores. Macy’s announced plans back in January to close its Eastland location, and yesterday Sears revealed that it will be closing its store there — along with 71 other locations across the U.S. — sometime in September. The mall, originally opened 1968, has […]
The Connecticut-based Ascena Retail Group is the latest chain store owner to jump on the Retailpocolypse bandwagon, announcing last Thursday that it would be closing somewhere between 250 and 650 of its locations over the course of the next two years. Those closures would include Ann Taylor, Dress Barn and Lane Bryant locations. Retail brick-and-mortar closures continue to mount up, and […]
The latest news to break in the ongoing Retailpocolypse of 2017 is that of Gymboree’s bankruptcy filing — a move that will see the closure of 350 stores across the chain’s U.S. footprint. The San Franciso-based company also operates stores brands Crazy 8 and Janie and Jack, which will see closures as well. Company CEO […]
The steady stream of large retail closures and bankruptcy filings in 2017 has slowed down over the summer months, but news this week from New Jersey-based Toys “R” Us has brought this year’s chain retail woes back into the spotlight. The company announced on Monday that it would be “commencing court-supervised processes to implement financial […]